[vlc-devel] VLCKit

Mike Schrag mschrag at pobox.com
Mon Sep 21 09:16:40 CEST 2009

I've attempting to embed VLCKit in an app built on Snow Leopard and
I've run into some issues.

If I use VLCVideoView with a non-layer-backed parent view, it works
properly. However, I would much rather use the VLCVideoLayer. Out-of-
the-box, using VLCVideoLayer fails because the vout impl is not the CA
OpenGL Layer one (it tries to call addVoutSubview on the VLCVideoLayer
and explodes). If I modify VLCLibrary to use opengllayer as the vout,
I don't get the error, but I only get audio and no video playback.

Does anyone know what the proper configuration is to get VLCVideoLayer
to show video?

Thanks!
Mike Schrag