[vlc-devel] wallpaper mode

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:44:04 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've read the sources but I am still puzzle about how the Wallpaper
mode with DirectX works.

I tryed to recreate a simple example of how it works to understand it,
I use the same routine to get the wallpaper window, then I create an
overlay surface, and draw it using UpdateOverlay, but it is just drawn
over everything, it's not placed on top of the desktop but under the
icons. How is that done?

In the comments it says that setting the Clipper for the primary
surface doesnt do anything in overlay mode, so I have no idea what
else could it be. Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho