[vlc-devel] commit: Workaround braindead QT implementation of ResizeToContents ( Marian Ďurkovič )

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Mon Sep 21 21:40:45 CEST 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:22:43 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 08:38:18PM +0200, git version control wrote :
> > vlc | branch: master | Marian Ďurkovič <md at bts.sk> | Mon Sep 21 20:37:57
2009 +0200| [677a311c80c57b883402d0b99e81fe178dfd5f5a] | committer: Marian Ďurkovič

> > Workaround braindead QT implementation of ResizeToContents
> >
> > It's so slow that it's not usable on large datasets.
>
> Well, sorry, this panel is not done for huge EPG stuffs.
>
> > +     InfoTree->setColumnWidth( 0, 20000 );
> Isn't that going to force a huge width and a horizontal scrollbar?

The default QT behaviour is, that it won't display the horizontal scrollbar, but
simply cuts all texts at right window edge. There's no wordwrap nor any other
means to see the rest of the text (who designed this ?! even wxwidgets did that
right).

So by setting column width to 20000 pixels, we just define that the area for
text is larger than current visible part in window. As a consequence, texts are
not being cut and horizontal scrollbar is being displayed, allowing the user to
read text behind the right window edge.

  With kind regards,

        M.