[vlc-devel] commit: Configure: add a new configure switch for SSE3 ( Jean-Baptiste Kempf )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Sep 22 15:07:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:46:18 +0200 (CEST), git at videolan.org (git version
control) wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> | Tue Sep 22
> 00:54:09 2009 +0200| [5a0ff31e26ecb174f501246745a887ab5331ca15] |
> committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
>
> Configure: add a new configure switch for SSE3
>
> This makes SSE3/SSSE3 in the same switch. Maybe this should be fusionned
> with SSE/SSE2 ?

Frankly, I don't see any reason why we have those switches, even less why
you add a new one. If the compiler supports SSEx, and in the unlikely case,
that you are building VLC for some "embedded" x86 platform, you can always
remove the plugins in the packaging phase. You can also disable them at
run-time with --no-sse