[vlc-devel] commit: python-ctypes: first shot at generating java JNA glue code ( Olivier Aubert )

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Wed Sep 23 16:24:36 CEST 2009

Hello

I have just committed basic support for JNA generation in the
python-ctypes generator. It generates the internal/ directory (direct
JNA wrappers), with enums.

The code is not perfect yet (not even compiled/tested), but I would
rather not spend too much time on it if java maintainers are not
interested.

Basic usage: from the bindings/python-ctypes directory, run
./generate.py -j ../../includes/vlc/*.h
It will generate the appropriate .java files in an internal/ directory.

What needs to be done:
- checking the correctness/compilability of the code
- writing appropriate enum wrappers. For the moment, they are only
correct for continuous enums. Thus, libvlc_media_option is completely
incorrect, but I do not know the appropriate syntax).
- extend the code to additionally generate OO-wrappers (the same way it
is done for python)

I can give a hand to anybody interested in further polishing this.

Olivier