[vlc-devel] [Patch] Adding audio support to fake acces_demux

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:27:52 CEST 2009

2009/9/30 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
> Le mercredi 30 septembre 2009 16:37:52 Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen, vous avez écrit :
>> Audio support was missing from the fake access_demux.
>> Here's a patch to fix it.
>
> Why don't you just read the data from the access_demux? Why do you need to
> bypass the codec phase as well? IMHO, the fake access_demux should be killed.

You mean removing both invmem and inamem, using the fake codec (just
to do nothing) and implementing in*mem inside of the fake access_demux
?
Wouldn't this be kind of dirty ??
About the "why", it's just because we (VLMC team) started our process
with the existant invmem codec, and it's associated demux.

However, if the fake_access demux has to be removed, we would really
need another way of reproducing the same behaviour...

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen