[vlc-devel] Translations for VLC media player 1.1.0

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Thu Apr 1 01:24:37 CEST 2010

Hello,

First allow me to apologize if you receive several times this messages
or if you are no longer involved in VLC translation and I failed to
maintain accurate records.

VLC media player 1.1.0 development period is entering its last phase and
the string freeze will be decreted next week as well as a preview
released.

Due to the way our translation framework operate, I had to port the
translation of the 1.0.x series to the new 1.1.0.

I have done this operation for all languages except for a few because
their translators had provided translation for the 1.1.0-git. Such
languages are: Estonian, Chinese, Ukranian, French, Japanese, Swedish.

You can download the PO files from:
http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=po

and click on "raw" to donload your .po .

If you have pending modification on your translation and you don't know
how to merge it into the 1.1.0 .po file, send me your file and I will do
the merging.

If you notice that the port between 1.0.x and 1.1.0, lost a lot of
translations or create some problem, just tell me.

If I ported the 1.0.x translations and I should'nt have or if I forgot
to port the 1.0.x translations, just tell me.

Any other problem, just tell me.

You can start to translate now. There might still be some small
adjustment to the strings but nothing major should happen.

Thanks

--
Xtophe