[vlc-devel] Youtube and Lua not working any longer?

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 16:40:04 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I noticed yesterday that with 1.0.6 and 1.1pre for windows that youtube videos no longer work. I get the error from vlc app that the video format can not be decoded. If I take the url lua derived it works in the browser and shows just the video and not the page (the embedded url I believe) I suspect there has been a change to the page info lua looks at. This happens for both HD and non-HD videos. I do not think vlc has ever supported the HD videos from youtube but I can be wrong.

I will look more at it tonight by looking at the source for the pages and download the latest source to look at the lua scripts closely.

Since youtube has become so popular I figured you might be interested.

Best Regards,


More information about the vlc-devel mailing list