[vlc-devel] SoC proposal

Justin Browne jebdude89 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 05:27:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am interested in applying for a SoC project. I have an idea for a
project, which may or may not fit in the scope. Anyway, I would be
grateful for any feedback.

Basically, my idea is to create library-like functionality. Now, this
may range from a simple playlist that loads files from selected
directories when the playlist is opened to a database which scans the
directories. I would plan for advanced options such as what types of
files to include/exclude, which directories/subdirectories should be
included/excluded.

Do you think this would fit well with VLC? If not, I would also be
interested in working on other projects. Actually, I just checked the
Ideas List and it seems this could fit well with the Personal Cloud
Project on the list.

Also, here is a little information about myself: I am a Junior (third
year undergraduate student) Physics major with a concentration in
computing at the University of Notre Dame.

-Justin Browne