[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: qt4: Don't create QMenu without parents (Erwan Tulou )

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 6 18:24:32 CEST 2010

--- En date de : Mar 6.4.10, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com> a écrit :

De: Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com>
Objet: Re: [vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: qt4: Don't create QMenu without parents (Erwan Tulou )
Date: Mardi 6 avril 2010, 17h28

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM, brezhoneg1 <brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

--- En date de : Mar 6.4.10, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> a écrit :

> De: Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>

> Objet: Re: [vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: qt4: Don't create QMenu without parents (Erwan Tulou )

> À: vlc-devel at videolan.org

> Cc: vlc-commits at videolan.org

> Date: Mardi 6 avril 2010, 16h58

> On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 04:56:06PM

> +0200, git at videolan.org

> wrote :

> > vlc | branch: master | Erwan Tulou <erwan10 at videolan.org>

> | Tue Apr  6 16:40:11 2010 +0200|

> [8d8bd80666aff8073f1ccd37a41cd1786096b0c3] | committer:

> Erwan Tulou

> > qt4: Don't create QMenu without parents

In my opinion, this commit is unnecessary bloat. All that was needed to fix previously mentioned bug was to delete p_intf->p_sys->p_popup_menu when qt interface closes.

Btw, with this commit, problems might also arise when a popped up menu is deleted because it's parent is, but p_intf->p_sys->p_popup_menu is not set to NULL.

You're right about this p_intf->p_sys->p_popup_menu being buggy and needing some fixes (this is an independent matter anyway)

Erwan10