[vlc-devel] Transcoding to h264/aac over ts

Keary Griffin keary.griffin at unwiredappeal.com
Tue Apr 6 23:43:13 CEST 2010

I can't speak to the exact problem mentioned here, but I've recently
submitted a patch that hasn't been approved/commited yet to add HTTP
Live streaming support to VLC.  I wrote the code after having a very
hard time getting VLC's h.264/ts stream to work with the open source
segmenter I found (which is based on FFMPEG).  I don't have a Mac so
couldn't try mediasegmenter.

I use the patch for live streaming so it's possible I just never noticed
any problems in the beginning of the stream (since by the time I
actually view the live stream it's probably beyond that point), so I'm
not sure whether or not this patch will work for you.

The doc's and the patch can be found here:
http://techblog.unwiredappeal.com/2010/03/vlc-http-live-streaming-module-patch.html

Keary