[vlc-devel] Can nightlies build for Wince run on any Wince Emulator or device?

liulf liulf at ihep.ac.cn
Sun Apr 11 09:25:21 CEST 2010

Thanks for your reply.
Did you mean that the code should be comipled to "Emulator Debug"
mode as to run on Microsoft Wince Emulators? And if so, could you
tell me how to do it use the arm-mingw32ce-gcc tools?
By the way, I have successfully cross compiled the VLC-1.0.4 source
according to "http://wiki.videolan.org/WinCECompile",
and it didn't run on any Wince Emulators either.
And I also tried the Simplistic example of cegcc:

#include <windows.h>

int WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
         HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
         LPWSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
{
 MessageBoxW(0, L"HELLO!", L"H3LLO!", 0);
}

I compiled it with this command :

arm-wince-cegcc-gcc -o dialog.exe dialog.c

I found that the dialog.exe can successfully run on Wince Emulators.