[vlc-devel] Call for a 1.0.6 version of VLC?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Apr 13 16:12:27 CEST 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:27:16 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> Is anyone interested in having a 1.0.6 version of VLC soon?
>
> Is anyone interested in maintaining the 1.0.x branch of VLC?

Is anyone interested in using the 1.0.x branch in the first place?

First party packagers (Windows and MacOS) will not use it, will they? Third
party packagers (Linux distros, BSD ports) will mostly update to 1.1 or not
update at all. Either way, I see as little use for 1.0.x | x > 5 as for
0.8.7 and 0.9.11. You're most welcome to prove me wrong though.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis