[vlc-devel] Need help about VLC on Wince.

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 19 07:38:09 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've been the maintainer of the WinCE port, but I've been unavailable
lately, sorry for the delay.

> I tried my own VLC-1.0.4 build on a wince 5.0 device, and found
> two DLLs could not be loaded, which were libwince_plugin.dll and
> liblive555_plugin.dll. I recompiled the contrib live555 and the whole
> souce, and got some warnings when linking those two dlls [...] So may
> be this is the reson why I got data abort errors?

I don't think so. These two modules are C++, and this has been known to
cause problems with Windows Mobile 6.1. This is a known issue to the
CeGCC project, and they have been working on it, though I've been out of
touch with it.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."