[vlc-devel] Tracking "unhandled vlc exception"

Geoffroy Couprie geo.couprie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 10:40:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 4/25/10, David Glaude <david.glaude at gmail.com> wrote:
> This message is "for the record" and to increase the audience since it has
> been discussed a bit on IRC.
>
> Any help or advice on how to track "unhandled vlc exception" under windows
> is welcome.

The "unhandled vlc exception" message is sent by our custom unhandled
exception filter. It will not be triggered if you run VLC under a
debugger. If you want to make sense of the crashdump file, you
currently need the addr2line utility, and the debug symbols. The
easiest way to find your issue is to run a debug version of vlc under
gdb.

Best regards,

Geoffroy