[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Parser: generate the header file (not perfect but not too bad). ( Rémi Duraffort )

Rémi Duraffort ivoire at videolan.org
Wed Apr 28 14:35:54 CEST 2010

Hello,
> Great to autogenerate, but too bad to duplicate parsing efforts (hence
> also duplicating maintenance of the parsers). Was some information
> missing from the output of the parser from the python code generator?
I created my own parser mainly because it took me more time to
understand your parser than to actually write a simple one.

The goal of the parser is to list the existing functions and write a
wrapper for a C++ binding. So the parser is really simple.
Then I will use this code to generate configuration files for swig
(http://www.swig.org/) to generate all bindings in one shot.

This way we will have a great number of bindings, but without classes or
nice stuffs specifics to each languages.

--
Rémi Duraffort | ivoire