[vlc-devel] DVB-S scanning

David Kaplan david at 2of1.org
Sun Aug 1 00:08:12 CEST 2010

2010/7/31 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>

> Maintaining lists for the entire Earth

Yes it's actually not such a big deal. I have a frend who wrote a program
that pulls sat info from lyngsat into a sqlite db.
We could produce lists off that and update them once every release. I still
think offline is the way to go.

Even if the lists aren't current they will be useful to the vast majority of
people (most of the birds are stable).
Also as searching (optionally) uses the NIT, the chances of a missed
transponder are slim.

For the rare case of a new provider, there will be a manual scanning
fallback.

Most DVB apps I've come across provide lists.

--
http://blog.2of1.org