[vlc-devel] (direct3d module question)YUV data to LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9

Sasha Koruga skoruga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 17:48:15 CEST 2010

I would be interested in wrting a sharpening shader, but there are
just some questions I have first:
1) Which sharpening algorithm should I use? (could allow mulitple
algorithms, but still would like names of good ones for video)
2) Does VLC already do some sharpening automatically? If so, would
that need to be disabled first?
3) Does VLC already have any sharpening option?

Upscaling filter is a good suggestion. If there is any particular
algorithm that people recommend, I'd love to know.

I definitely plan to continue working on colorspace conversions, but I
need to figure out how to efficiently transfer the raw YUV data to a
D3D texture first (creating a dynamic texture and memory copying the
data into there was too slow). Still looking for advice there! ^_^

Regards,
Sasha