[vlc-devel] Adding logo filter now restarts vout in 1.1.2

Jacques Boileau jboileau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 18:35:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just noticed that adding a logo now restarts vout. This can easily be
reproduced using the 'Adjustment and Effects' dialog. Simply checking 'Add
logo' on the 'Logo' tab restarts the video output of the playing video. Not
the usual behavior. I don't know exactly when that changed. I know it is not
present in 1.0.1 at least. I don't know if this the new desired behavior,
but I hope not. Is there a solution to be able to add/remove/change a logo
seemlessly using the new logo libvlc API?

Thanks,

Jacques Boileau