[vlc-devel] Add frequency and video standard options in dshow - rev2

Manol Manolov man40dev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 06:23:11 CEST 2010

  On 8/5/2010 11:59 PM, David Kaplan wrote:
> 2010/8/5 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net <mailto:remi at remlab.net>>
>
>     Are the new definitions copied verbatim from a copyright header or
>     are they
>     rewritten from scratch? I am not sure we can include say, MSVC
>     headers into
>     VLC legally.
>
>     Did you try to get the necessary update to MingW folks?
>
> I'm one of the mingw-w64 folks. Please could you send it to us as well.
> FYI, I am currently in discussion with microsoft over the whole header
> issue and am waiting to hear back from them.
> The issue is that even if headers are written from scratch, it's
> impossible to work out the vftable function layout without looking in
> the original headers (unless debug info has been provided - then we
> have tools for that).
>
> also there are already 'rewritten' headers included in the vlc contribs.
I'm confused... is GCC part of Mingw? I'm new to this environment (VC
generation - man cannot choose in which era is born :( ). I just
couldn't find definitions of KSPROPERTY in ks.h and ksmedia.h whose i
believe are in the GCC package under windows. So, I had to add the
structure definitions in a vlc header. But remaking MS headers
definition by definition over time sounds like a hassle. Do you think MS
will let us use headers? That will be a lot easier...
Anyway, you need me to send you the definitions I needed and were not in
ks.h etc.? Will you include them in future release?

--
Best regards,
Manol