[vlc-devel] Results of GSOC project - ogg seeking

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 17:12:41 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at videolan.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 09:07:19AM -0300, salsaman wrote:
>> OK, sorry about that. I have slightly updated patch 8 to fix this.
>
> Yes works ok now, j-b noticed regression on ogg/vorbis duration missing
> after your patches, and I see it too.

I am not sure how to fix this, because in the original ogg.c there was
no control function for DEMUX_GET_LENGTH

I have implemented this control since it is needed for dirac and
theora. If there is no dirac or theora stream then it just returns
VLC_EGENERIC. So I don't know how the length was calculated before my
changes, but you get VLC_EGENERIC then you should use that alternate
method.

Also the definition of b_seekable can be removed from line 438 in
ogg.c (patch 8)

But I am running very short of time...

Gabriel.