[vlc-devel] Adding logo filter now restarts vout in 1.1.2

Jacques Boileau jboileau at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 17:29:20 CEST 2010

Then I would imagine the filter must provide information to the core
so it can decide it if it needs to restart vout or not. I looked at
logo.c but could not figure out what. But by looking at the code I
have noticed that between the two versions I am comparing (1.0.5 vs
1.1.2), the logo filter went from being a "video filter" to a "video
filter2". Would that account for the difference in behavior? I checked
the marquee filter and it is still a "video filter"

I also encountered a VLC crash related to the logo filter. If you set
a logo filename using the preferences and then go to 'Adjustment and
Effects' dialog and click enable VLC crashes.

Jacques Boileau