[vlc-devel] VideoLAN internationalization - URDU Language

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Aug 8 17:23:32 CEST 2010

	Hello,

Le mercredi 4 août 2010 01:54:09 Waqas Ahmed, vous avez écrit :
> I've been using VLC for quite some time now, and just today I installed
> version 1.1.2.
> Going through the list of languages I couldn't find URDU, the official
> language of Pakistan.
> I know from experience that VLC is the most commonly used player in my
> home country.
> I'm interested in localization of VLC into Urdu, please send me the
> localization file.

You can download the template at: http://www.remlab.net/files/vlc/po/ur.po

Any PO file editor such as poEdit or loKalize will, or even a text editor.
Note however, the VLC developers require that UTF-8 encoding be used for all
VLC translations. You can a link to the file to the translators mailing list
when you have made progress.

Best regards,

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis