[vlc-devel] Adding logo filter now restarts vout in 1.1.2

Jacques Boileau jboileau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 18:13:54 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Rémi Duraffort <ivoire at videolan.org> wrote:

> Le vendredi 06 août 2010 à 11:29:20, Jacques Boileau a écrit :
> > Then I would imagine the filter must provide information to the core
> > so it can decide it if it needs to restart vout or not. I looked at
> > logo.c but could not figure out what. But by looking at the code I
> > have noticed that between the two versions I am comparing (1.0.5 vs
> > 1.1.2), the logo filter went from being a "video filter" to a "video
> > filter2". Would that account for the difference in behavior? I checked
> > the marquee filter and it is still a "video filter"
> Seems to work nicelly in vlc trunk (no vout restart).

I have just tried the trunk and inded it works without vout restart. I
guess this means that the next release will have the fix, hopefully in
a not to distant future. Thanks. Will this be in 1.1.3 or will it only
be slated for 1.2.0?

> > I also encountered a VLC crash related to the logo filter. If you set
> > a logo filename using the preferences and then go to 'Adjustment and
> > Effects' dialog and click enable VLC crashes.
> Crashing with vlc 1.1-git but not trunk. Please fill a bug report (I
> will try to fix it).

Personnaly i'd rather not! :-) I can if you insist, but I'd rather let
you work on more important things. This is so minor, fixed in the next
release and I am probably the only one who will ever have tried to use
both the preference and the 'Adjustement and Effects' dialog at the
same time. But let me know if you still want to work on this and I'll
open a ticket.