[vlc-devel] [GCI] libvlc: An API for listing audio & video filters

Jakub Wieczorek fawek at fawek.net
Sat Dec 4 10:36:12 CET 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 21:52:38 +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at
remlab.net> wrote:
> I am not sure this really works. Some plug-ins may have aliases, whereby different aliases may or may not do different things.

That's true. I thought, maybe just list submodules as separate
entries. Exposing the internal structure of modules, with the concept
of shortcuts etc., would be another solution but it might be a little
dangerous.

> You can (and should) try to factor the implementation internally. But I would rather not expose the plug-ins capability names to LibVLC applications.

Do you really think they could ever change that they shouldn't be
exposed? After all, all the built-in/3rdparty modules already depend
on the naming, so I guess you already have to maintain that.

Best regards,
Jakub Wieczorek