[vlc-devel] Flamebait: PulseAudio removal

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 01:51:07 CET 2010

http://lives.sourceforge.net
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/salsaman

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 9:44 PM, salsaman <salsaman at gmail.com> wrote:
> A runtime check can be done by forking and calling pa_context_get_server_info().

Sorry, I meant pa_context_connect().

  pa_threaded_mainloop *pa_mloop=pa_threaded_mainloop_new();

    pa_context *pcon=pa_context_new(pa_threaded_mainloop_get_api(pa_mloop),"VLC");
  pa_context_connect(pcon,NULL,0,NULL);
  pa_threaded_mainloop_start(pa_mloop);

  pa_context_state_t pa_state=pa_context_get_state(pcon);

Then keep checking pa_state until you get either PA_CONTEXT_READY or
you time out.

Salsaman.