[vlc-devel] Flamebait: PulseAudio removal

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Dec 5 18:25:20 CET 2010

'Twas brillig, and Jean-Baptiste Kempf at 04/12/10 18:11 did gyre and
gimble:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 05:50:35PM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote :
>>     This revert was recommended by j-b, as the commit broke Phonon-VLC
>> in many cases.
>
> Sorry to nitpick, but I didn't recommend the revert, I merely reported
> the commit that might have broken it.

Nitpicking is allowed, but I don't really think this is a nitpicking
comment :D

I tried adding it back in and it did pretty much break video for me, but
on the plus side audio worked fine :D

Perhaps I've just not got the right subpackages of libvlc installed for
video output sans xlib, but certainly it's not a simple matter of just
using the --disable-xlib argument.

What video output modules should be used when xlib is disabled?

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie