[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Implement tsearch functions for systems that does not know about it . (Rémi Duraffort )

Rémi Duraffort ivoire at videolan.org
Mon Dec 6 19:19:53 CET 2010

Hello,
> We have already discussed this and this does NOT WORK. You can provide
> replacement for _all_ of the five functions. But you cannot provide
> individual replacement for each function, one by one. Otherwise you have no
> warranty that the present-and-not-replaced functions use the same data
> structure as the replaced functions.
Yes I remember this talk but the goal of this patch is different. In the
case that search.h is not present (like for android and symbian),
tdelete, tfind, tsearch and twalk (and tdestroy) won't be present so
they are compiled all together into the compat library.

This is the case only if search.h is not present. Maybe the check is not
the best one as I check for each functions and for search.h (if search.h
is not present the function won't be available in the libc).

Regards.

--
Rémi Duraffort | ivoire
http://ivoire.dinauz.org/blog/