[vlc-devel] VLC User Survey

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Sat Dec 11 23:17:44 CET 2010

> I would like a quick review of the VLC User Survey, created by one
> student of GCI.
>
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&pli=1&formkey=dFJHY2pidUk1ODVodmtmcmZVWDRwTXc6MQ

> From where did you download VLC?

This question could allow multiple answers.

> How did you find out about VLC?

Maybe an option could be added saying "recommended by the sysadmin /
netadmin where I work / IT staff of my school" ? Maybe a "it came
preinstalled" option?

> How would you describe your skill with computers in general?

It's not obvious to figure what "basic", "intermediate" and others mean,
and I guess this is subjective; maybe examples of things the user is
able (or not) to do with their computer, next to the levels, could help
them figure out what they should answer, and the results would be more
objective.

> What do you use VLC for?

Add a "stream media to other people" option? Or maybe I'm the only user
casually doing that :)

> Have you used VLC's extensions feature?

I wasn't too sure how to answer that, and I'm a developer. What is
considered extensions? Maybe add examples? Maybe add a "I don't know"
answer :)

> Indicate on the scale your level of agreement with these following
> statements.

Aren't usually the "agree" columns on the left? That's what I went for
at first, then I read the titles and it made me confused. But maybe
that's just me.

That looks pretty good overall.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."