[vlc-devel] new RTSP module & support for Amino STBs

Sven Petai hadara at bsd.ee
Sun Dec 12 10:09:43 CET 2010

Hi,

I noticed that the new RTSP module doesn't have support for Amino STBs
any more and the commit message asks if it seems to be a problem for
someone @
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-commits/2010-December/004684.html

While I certainly like the idea of RTSP stack unification I also need
the support for the x-playNow header and the MP2T/H2221/UDP transport
since I have implemented some free as-is services for a network of about
100 000 Amino STBs + a couple of thousand Motorolas on top of VLM.
Motorolas use the the MP2T/H2221/UDP transport too.

Are you against supporting these two non-std. features in the new module
in principle or did you just mean it's unsupported until someone is
willing to do the work?