[vlc-devel] [RFC] Slimming LibVLC down

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Feb 1 11:22:20 CET 2010

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:50:31 +0100, Olivier Aubert
<olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr> wrote:
> The one which has still been changed yesterday?

> The MediaControl API may be ugly and incomplete, but at least
> it has been stable for the last 4 years (at least).

Wait... how can it be stable when it's part of libvlc? We have explicitly
broken the libvlc binary interface twice (0.8 -> 0.9 and 1.0 -> 1.1)
already.

At the very least, it means you would need to relink, so it is not really
stable.
If you want to make it stable, it should be a library of its own. Which it
should be anyway.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis