[vlc-devel] commit: vlc core: single storage playlist (Jakob Leben )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Feb 2 08:57:03 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:56 AM, git version control <git at videolan.org> wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Jakob Leben <jleben at videolan.org> | Tue Feb  2 03:56:10 2010 +0100| [defbc4a490e65cfa1d587dceef1b7cb5c230e8e0] | committer: Jakob Leben
>
> vlc core: single storage playlist
>
> - Playlist items are stored only once. No category / onelevel separation
> - Services Discovery nodes always stay a tree
> - The playlist and Media Library are tree or flat depending on variable "playlist-tree".
>  It means that if the setting variable says flat, the items that come from playlist
>  demuxers are flattened into a single level list.
> - The design demanded a different playlist demuxing system. Now playlist demuxers should
>  construct a tree of items under an input_item_node_t root and send that using
>  input_item_AddSubItemTree. Currently, the old scheme will be retained in modules, because
>  there is still some listening to the old event in code (the libvlc media system for example)

Ahh. Here is the original patch.

Why don't you do the tree stuff in input_item_AddSubitem? Make total
sense to me. And really simplify this, and require no changes in
module. The node stuff is not a bad idea, but it shouldn't be exposed
to module.

Does this makes sense? Are you willing to do that?

Pierre.