[vlc-devel] [Patch] Sending a signal when a vout is created/destroyed

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:33:27 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Pierre d'Herbemont
<pdherbemont at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2010, at 21:53, "Rémi Denis-Courmont" <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> .
>>
>> To me, the fact that so many video and audio functions in the LibVLC API
>> fail
>> or misbehave if the video or audio output does not (yet) exist is a bug
>> and an
>> annoyance. And in fact, there is absolutely no fundamental reason for
>> those
>> limitations to exist.
>
> Agreed.

Hi,

In the end, is there anyway to know when a snapshot could be taken,
that won't be flagged as work arround or bug ?
I'd like to avoid polling "has_vout()" as much as possible, as it's
definitely an ugly way of doing things, and it can lead to infinite
loop in case something goes wrong (e.g. no codec found, or anything
that can cause the vout not to be created actually...)

Best regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen