[vlc-devel] [RFC] Slimming LibVLC down

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Feb 2 17:25:28 CET 2010

	Hello,

Le lundi 1 février 2010 16:37:39 Olivier Aubert, vous avez écrit :
> Well, anyway, it looks like a dialogue of the deaf, I will not spend
> anymore time on this. Just try to do any change you intend to make
> (regardless of other people's opinions[1]) properly, by testing your
> changes and correctly updating involved sources (including language
> bindings).
(...)
> [1] I am tempted to add "as usual" but it would look too much like
> trolling. OK, I will not write it. Ooops, did I?

You could have just simply argued that mediacontrol was source-stable (which I
is true), and you did not bother about binary stability (we can trust you on
that). And then provided insights as to how you wanted to handle its binary
interface forward.

But you wanted to troll me. So this is not my problem anymore. mediacontrol is
out of LibVLC, and I am totally not going to bother fixing compilation errors
not to mention (re)writing its build system.

Did I write "screw you"? Oh now I did - then we're even.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis