[vlc-devel] Plugin development - add access module without (re-)compiling the whole VLC

Mario Hock mario.hock at student.kit.edu
Tue Feb 2 18:59:29 CET 2010

Hello,

my name is Mario Hock, I'm working for the University of Karlsruhe (Germany) on a new VLC streaming module.

If you wanna know more about the module, I can provide some more information, of course. ;-)

I would like to run my module on machines where I don't have root privileges. (Linux by the way.)

The problem is, it's very hard to get all build dependencies without root access on these machines and I hoped that:
a) there's a way to compile VLC static linked and just copy the binary to the other machines.
or b) add the module to an already installed VLC. (I tried to just copy the libs in the "libs" folder but this didn't work out.)

I hope you can give me some hints. Thank you in advance,

Greetings from Germany,
Mario