[vlc-devel] [Patch] Allowing output pointers to be NULL in libvlc_video_get_size

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 3 08:35:46 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:33:31 +0100, Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen
<beauze.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well forcing both values to be get together seems like a anti feature
> to me, but I don't really have more argument to provide so...

Getting them separately makes no sense, as they can change dynamically. It
just adds one more race condition to the long sorry list of LibVLC.

In the unlikely event that you really only want to get one dimension, it
does not cost much to pass a dummy anonymous variable for the other one.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis