[vlc-devel] commit: phonon: Add specific support for PulseAudio. (Colin Guthrie )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Feb 4 14:45:03 CET 2010

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:14:57 +0100, Pierre d'Herbemont
<pdherbemont at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/4/10 1:54 PM, Rémi Duraffort wrote:
>>> phonon-vlc | branch: master | Colin Guthrie<cguthrie at mandriva.org>  |
> Sat Jan 30 11:52:50 2010 +0000|
[4e970d64a50e185ac50c9b78fc42f7531c3fbc83]
> | committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
>>>
>> The libvlc phonon backend is now hosted in a new git repository at
>> git://git.videolan.org/vlc/bindings/phonon.git
>>
>> I will soon remove the corresponding directory in vlc source code.
>>
> Just a quick question, what are the policy regarding commit messages
> sent to vlc-devel? My personal opinion is that bindings repo updates
> should be sent to vlc-devel. Is it the plan or is it what's currently
> done?

My opinion is that they shouldn't be sent to vlc-devel. People have been
complaining that vlc.git commit logs should be moved out of vlc-devel.
Bindings make the situation even worse. Most people don't care about
bindings, and definitely not about single one of them.

Either setup your own mailing list, or use the Atom or RSS feeds from
gitweb.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis