[vlc-devel] commit: Qt: make playlist widget even a bit more pretty (Jakob Leben )

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:23:34 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:

> For the Playlist the idea was to make a kind of 'currently playing
> items' so you could drag 'n drop from ML/SD to current playlist.

I got the idea to actually switch the view source (activate the selector
item) if something is being dragged and mouse cursor stays over "playlist"
entry for a while. I think this way it would be possible to drop anywhere
into the playlist.

But the Devices / Local Network / Internet grouping I think is a very nice
feature. And in that case I like the idea of a QToolBox, because if we do
that grouping, then the first podcast and shoutcast children will be two
levels down again, and might be too wide in tree view again, i don't know.

Though if we use QToolBox than I think it would look a tiny bit silly to
duplicate the current playing playlist in the main view and in the selector
:) instead, under playlist tab I would show the currently playing and other
saved playlists.

Btw, for the multiple saved playlists: we just multiply the current media
library into many of the same and we have multiple playlists, all saved at
exit, how do you like that? In that case the current ML can go away ( simply
be renamed to "my saved playlists" or something )