[vlc-devel] commit: zvbi: Fix displaying of teletext and closed captioning. ( Jean-Paul Saman )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 5 14:34:55 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Laurent Aimar <fenrir at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
> >  If the issue is that p_block->i_pts is 0, then as I told you, it is not the
> > right place to fix it. It *must* be fixed either in src/input/decoder.c or
> > es_out.c
>
> I'll investigate but in the mean time working closed captions/teletext
> is preferable to non working at all.
 IMO, hacks do not belong to master, but could be acceptable in the stabilization
branches (if accepted).
 At least, they should be marked as such with a #warning and clearly specified in
the commit log.

> >  If not, what is the unit/origin of the value returned by vbi_dvb_demux_cor ?
>
> The unit is the same as vlc uses.
 By which magic ? VLC does not specify the origin of mdate() and says:
"Beware ! It doesn't reflect the actual date (since epoch), but can be the
 machine's uptime or anything (when monotonic clock is used)"

Regards,

--
fenrir