[vlc-devel] [Patch] Moving some libvlc objects to vlc_objects

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Feb 6 14:19:30 CET 2010

Le samedi 6 février 2010 15:11:42 Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen, vous avez écrit :
> Recent libvlc_media_player modification broke something.
> If i'm not mistaking, two refcounters were used : one in the
> libvlc_internal instance, which is a vlc_object AFAIK, and one on the
> libvlc_instance_t.

Yes. That said, I don't really understand why the libvlc instance needs
counted references at all. The LibVLC apps should perform life cycle
management by themselves. Some but not many libraries follow the LibVLC
pattern here.

> Obiously, having two refcounter for the same thing is a problem.

Why?

> Moving to vlc objects for everything in the libvlc seems to do the
> trick.

What trick?

> I don't think these patch are perfects, but that should be a start, so
> don't hesitate to review and comment !

I don't understand what you're trying to fix.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis