[vlc-devel] commit: Use C locale when formatting error messages in the log ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Toralf Niebuhr gmthor85 at aim.com
Sun Feb 7 11:37:40 CET 2010

Am 06.02.2010 um 15:43 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:

> Le samedi 6 février 2010 16:37:30 Toralf Niebuhr, vous avez écrit :
>> This commit breaks the build for VLCKit (Mac OS X)
>> The Header "xlocale.h" should be included somewhere I just don't know whats
>> the right place. Including it in "include/vlc_fixups.h" works for me, but
>> it's definitely not the right place.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Fix your operating system.
Where do you have this from?
When I look at the definition of locale.h at www.opengroup.org, I find no reference of these functions or that type in that file there.
All thats supposed to be defined in locale.h are the LC_* macros and the functions localeconv and setlocale.

I might be wrong, but just claiming that the operating system is to blame is no help either. And even if it's the fault of Mac OS X, shouldn't xlocale.h be included with some #ifdef for platform independence reasons?

Toralf