[vlc-devel] commit: Use C locale when formatting error messages in the log ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Toralf Niebuhr gmthor85 at aim.com
Sun Feb 7 13:44:18 CET 2010

Am 07.02.2010 um 12:32 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:

> Le dimanche 7 février 2010 12:37:40 Toralf Niebuhr, vous avez écrit :
>> Where do you have this from?
>> When I look at the definition of locale.h at www.opengroup.org, I find no
>> reference of these functions or that type in that file there. All thats
>> supposed to be defined in locale.h are the LC_* macros and the functions
>> localeconv and setlocale.
>
> Uh? http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/locale.h.html
>
> I can find no mention of xlocale.h
I didn't say it did.
All I said was that your functions where not defined. But my fault was that I looked at the wrong revision. I looked at base version 6 and the newest is 7. I guess Mac OS has not been updated to this standard.

The point is still that it would be good to fix it for Mac OS X by some simple #ifdef at the right place.
I'm also guessing that the same problem occurs on BSD because both headers (locale.h and xlocale.h) are the original header files from BSD.
Here is the manpage to it.
http://www.unix.com/man-page/All/3/xlocale/