[vlc-devel] commit: libvlc: add mouse events as libvlc_MediaPlayerEvents ( Jean-Paul Saman )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Feb 11 15:25:21 CET 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:54:43 +0100, Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Attaching mouse-object to vout_thread_t seems a bad idea to me as it
>> used only by the logo filter.
>>  IMO, it should be moved to the logo filter instead.
>
> But how do I obtain the logo filter object then? Without
> vlc_object_find_name() ??

In my opinion, the question is wrong to begin with. No matter the
mechanism, it will be at least as bad as vlc_object_find_name(). The
premise that the logo object must be found is flawed.
vlc_object_find_name() sucks. Fundamentally. If it were just an
implementation bug, I would already have fixed. But its design is wrong,
and that cannot be fixed short of using another design.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis