[vlc-devel] commit: libvlc: add mouse events as libvlc_MediaPlayerEvents ( Jean-Paul Saman )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Feb 11 16:55:01 CET 2010

Le jeudi 11 février 2010 12:37:07 git version control, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at m2x.nl> | Fri Feb
>  5 14:13:29 2010 +0100| [114b922fa7bbe06f4acfcc3d7af9c47ef534b1a2] |
>  committer: Jean-Paul Saman
>
> libvlc: add mouse events as libvlc_MediaPlayerEvents
>
> The following events have been added:
> - MouseButton : mouse button pressed events
> - MouseClick  : mouse button click event

I fail to see the need for them. Any sane LibVLC application will get mouse
clicks from the windowing system. The only thing that they can't get is the
mouse coordinates relative to the video. I guess that's what this does:

> - MouseMoved  : mouse movement event (x,y) absolute against vlc video
>  output window

...but even then
libvlc_video_get_mouse_coordinates(mp, i_vout, &x, &y);
 would be orders of magnitude simpler both for us to implement and for the
application to use.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis