[vlc-devel] CrystalHD support status

Ant? Santos ansantos at fe.up.pt
Thu Feb 11 18:37:44 CET 2010

> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:06:07 +0000, Ant? Santos <ansantos at fe.up.pt> wrote:
>> Can anyone please post what is the status of CrystalHD support?
>
> I am not aware of any ongoing effort to support CrystalHD directly with VLC
> on any platform. Of course, it depends what API this provides (on your
> target platform anyway). VLC 1.1 should support DXVA2, VAAPI (both through
> FFmpeg) and OpenMAX IL.

Broadcom already released a first version of drivers:

http://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/

XBMC already has some support and playback of HD h.264 files are quite
good (interlaced contents are played bad however).
If FFmpeg starts supporting this card, should we expect VLC support soon?

Thanks

António Santos