[vlc-devel] album art fetching

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:54:45 CET 2010

Hi!

When an input item has no album or artist information, the art is stored in
one file per title, even if several titles use art downloaded from the same
url, so we end up having multiple files with equal content.

To prevent that redundancy, could we encode url where art is downloaded from
into the filename stored on computer and then first search for that file
before downloading art for further items? I am hoping that there is a way to
form a unique filename per download url, while making sure the filename has
no invalid characters.

Another question:
Is art fetcher supposed to fetch a frame of a movie as its art? I havent
seen that in action on my machine. Is there a special module for that?
Otherwise, what are locations searched when fetching art for movies?

Best,

Jakob