[vlc-devel] Bug report - Please read

@live.com alpar.agoston at live.com
Tue Feb 16 22:53:20 CET 2010

Hi all,

I apologize for not using the Bugreport for reporting this, however I did
not get a validation and it has been 22 days already.

Issue: VLC keeps forgetting size and position when using Windows 7
side-by-side dock mode.

Reproducibility: Everytime

Environment:     Windows 7 Ultimate Edition x64

                        VLC version 1.0.5 Goldeneye

                        Video: ATI Radeon 4850 HD

                        Sound: Realtek 7.1 HD Audio (onboard)

                        Language : English (US)

                        Screen setup: Aero enabled, Windows 7 default theme,
1920x1200, 32Bit, 60Hz ; Hanns G HG281D 28" LCD Monitor

                        Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6

Video file used: Standard DVD 5 (rental of "Couples Retreat"; area code 2)

                        Mpgv video codec

                        A52 audio codec

Preconditions:   DVD is in DVD-RW drive

                        Applications running in background: Outlook, Skype,
uTorrent, Nod32

Steps: 1. Launch VLC 1.0.5

            2. Select Media->Open Disc->select disc device

            3. Click Play then pause the movie

            4. Select VLC title bar and drag to left side of screen until
dock preview appears (to the center of the screen) then release

            5. Launch Firefox and drag from title bar to right side of the
screen

            6. Resume playback of the movie and highlight the browser then
navigate for a couple of minutes

Expected result: VLC should remain in the exact same position during
playback until the end of the title

Actual result: every 15-25 minutes VLC window resets to original size, that
is the size in which the movie playback started, and moves to the position
where it first appeared when the movie started.

If you require a screenshot, video or more info, please contact me on this
e-mail and I will reply as soon as I can.

Thank you very much and I hope this does not end up in the spam folder.

Best regards,

Alpar Agoston

Senior Test Engineer