[vlc-devel] commit: Mostly revert "libvlc: add mouse events as libvlc_MediaPlayerEvents " ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Feb 18 15:31:31 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:09:53 +0100, Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If the implementation of remembering the vout in the media_player is
> the wrong approach, then what would be an alternative?
> Using var_InHerit() ? Registering "mouse-move",  "mouse-click" and
> "mouse-button-down" on the media player object and Inherit it in vout
> ?

I think I mentioned it at least three times already, but you can get all of
that information from the system via pre-existing window event handling.
The only missing bit are the video-scaled coordinates.
libvlc_video_get_cursor() -or whatever the exact name- provides those
without having to mess with asynchronous events and locking.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis