[vlc-devel] RE : RE : skins2 update

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 19 21:57:26 CET 2010

Hi,

You're right and that is also true for qt4 as interface.

Yet,likehood is that in vlc1.1, skins2 should issue the
first xlib call (which is XInitThreads). (qt4 is launched by skins2,
glx and pulseAudio are used as the result of an input)

What I meant is that skins2 now does things the way qt4 has
been doing with success, i.e never issue xlib calls directly
in callbacks, but rather post asynchronous thread-safe messages

After a lot of testing, I can assure skins2(vlc1.1) on Debian5.0
doesn't show any more problem wrt xlib as vlc1.0 did.
(I also tested with glx, but not pulseAudio)

In the long run, fully rewritting the xlib part of skins2 with xcb is
probably desirable.

Regards
Erwan10