[vlc-devel] commit: VLCKit: don't ignore VLC' s config anymore since we got our own vlcrc now ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 20 10:51:10 CET 2010

Am 20.02.2010 um 02:54 schrieb "Pierre d'Herbemont"
<pdherbemont at free.fr>:

> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 1:29 AM, git version control
> <git at videolan.org> wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> | Sat
>  Feb 20 01:24:28 2010 +0100| [4ad09c1bcdc5bfd3bdef1692b969d72fcec2e9
> ac] | committer: Felix Paul Kühne
>
> VLCKit: don't ignore VLC's config anymore since we got our own vlcrc
> now
>
> I am quite suspicious about this one. Since vlc config is the best
> way to get libvlc broken. What cool thing does it enable?

It allows me to save the Last.FM username and password as well as its
interface activation. The currently used vlcrc is limited to the
"main" and "audioscrobbler" settings so it shouldn't do too much harm.
Since this vlcrc is read and written by the specific VLCKit user only,
IMO there is little chance for bad options to end up there.
Storing the mentioned options there is kind of nice, because otherwise
Lunettes would have actively to set these again on every launch.

Best regards,

Felix